Is it common to have an oral cancer screening?
What does an oral cancer screening entail?
At Merit Dental Care, we will look for signs of abnormal tissue. Typically, we will see visible symptoms like red and white bumps, hard lumps, rough patches, or changes in the position of your teeth. Much of the screening is done visually. However, we will also feel your cheeks and the inside of your mouth while wearing gloves. This is to identify whether or not you have any strange or hard lumps within this tissue. Remember, oral cancer can impact all areas of the mouth, so the examination must be thorough. Since technology is constantly improving, we may use other testing resources when you come in and will be happy to discuss the process with you when you visit our dental office. We guarantee that the test is gentle and that you should feel comfortable during it.
How frequently should I have an oral cancer screening?
Who is susceptible to getting oral cancer?
Do you treat oral cancer?
When to call us:
How can I prevent oral cancer?
Call Us Today
HELPFUL RELATED LINKS
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
ABOUT OUR BUSINESS, LICENSE, AND WEBSITE SECURITY
- Merit Dental Care was established in 2015
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Dallas County, Kaufman County, Tarrant County, Rockwall County, Collin County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Dallas, Irving, Mesquite, Garland, Arlington, Fort Worth, Lewisville, Plano, Kaufman